Delayed Opening Information
When weather conditions prevent us from opening schools at the regular time, the following procedure will be put into effect:
- Announcement of a school closing or a two hour delayed opening will be made over stations 1010 WINS (AM Radio), NEWS 12NJ (Channel 62), WNBC-TV (Channel 4), WABC-TV (Channel 7), Fios1 News Emergency Closing System, Secaucus School District – Channel 34 (Comcast), and Secaucus Board of Education website www.sboe.us.
- Residents may also call the schools for a pre-recorded message on the following:
- Huber Street School 201-624-0723
- Clarendon School 201-624-0724
- Millridge School 201-624-0723 (Call Huber St. School’s designated line for message)
- Each school will use Connect-ED, our school-to parent communication system, to inform parents/guardians of school closings, delayed openings, and inclement weather or emergency early dismissals.
- On a delayed opening day, bus students will report to their assigned stop two hours later than usual.
- Lunch is served as scheduled on a delayed opening. Lunch is not served on one sessions or early dismissals (lunch may be served on early dismissal at the discretion of the Food Service Provider).
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SECAUCUS POLICE FOR SCHOOL CLOSING INFORMATION.